Sign in to follow this  

How to Add Open AL to Block Objects and Erase Them From stl list without Locking Up

This topic is 2846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a breakout type game I am working on and I have added Open AL for sound.The game is written in c++ with glut. In each of the block objects I have stored an integer value for which sound the block is intended to play if it is hit,it seems that Open AL wants an int instead of a constant char. I tried windows PlaySound function but for the block objects it was not playing the correct sound or any sound at all part of the time,also it will only play one sound at a time,so I thought I would try Open AL. When I erase one of the blocks from the list container when it is hit the program locks up on me. When the ball hits anything other than one of the blocks the whole thing works fine. If I Leave Open AL out all together the whole thing works fine also,except for not being able to erase Blocks from the list the game will not progress to the next level because the block count is still greater than 0. Do any of you have any idea why or what I need to do to correct the problem? Much Thanks up front, Jody Bush

This topic is 2846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.