Sign in to follow this  

[C++] newbie Ogre3D Problem

This topic is 2848 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, hopefully this can be solved quickly: I have started to use Ogre3D as a way of getting back into C++ game Programming and i have hit this snag. When i build and run the solution i get an error message:
"OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): 'resources.cfg' file not found! in ConfigFile::load at
f:\codingextra\ogre\shoggoth_vc9\ogre\orgremain\src\ogreconfigfile.cpp (line 84)"
Now, i checked in the resources.cfg file and that file path is not mentioned anywhere. i dont even have a 'f' Drive on my computer :( any help Appreciated. Have i not copied somthing into the output directory or somthing? following this tutorial atm : Ogre3D Wiki An nothing is Mentioned

It's saying that it can't find resources.cfg, not that it can't find ogreconfigfile.cpp. That path/file is just the source file that the assertion was written on.

Since you don't provide a relative or absolute path, Ogre will look for it in your working directory. Which folder this is depends on your project settings, but I'm guessing it is set to your project's root folder (the directory where your project and probably solution files reside).

It's also possible to not use a resource.cfg file at all and manually load resource groups, but if you're not too familiar with Ogre yet, you probably want to go the default route.

This topic is 2848 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.