Sign in to follow this  

Winforms Drag n Drop Mechanism

This topic is 2847 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Does anybody know how Winforms does it's Control Drag n Drop mechanism? Or even better - point me to some resources that can help me. I've searched the interweb, but all I can find are docs which describe how to use drag and drop on a control, rather than explain how it's all done. Doesn't have to be a winforms-based document. It could be anything you think is useful to help me understand that kind of mechanism. Cheers. Three.

I don't understand why you're asking this. Do you want to re-implement drag-and-drop yourself? Or do you just want to use it? You don't need to understand the gritty details of how Windows Forms handles it to use it effectively in your own applications -- just read the Forms documentation on the subject.

Primarily Forms will just be wrapping the other OS layers for drag-and-drop, mainly from Win32 messages, and marshalling them into a sane format for managed code.

This topic is 2847 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.