Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DragonPhinn

Internet Message Intercept

I am currently working on a program that will intercept messages sent from a game and interpret them for me to analyze. The idea is to make a program that can parrot such information. For example, in Ultima Online, i''d create a program that would parrot, or send to the server, character level up signals. So that I could easily level my character up. That is just an example, I don''t even own Ultima Online, but it illustrates what I would like to do well. Basically, is it possible to recieve information being sent from a program and read it? Another use for this would be to check if a program was sending personal information over the internet. I think my Juno is calling banner popups even though I''m on a pay service. If it''s true, then I want proof to back it up, and I will be very very pissed at the company. Thanks! DragonPhinn of Otakujin

don''t at all know how to do it... but it would be tricky... I mean... most of the data you need to look at is hidden in several layers of protocol - and beyond that... the data is most likely encrypted to some degree.

Tricky that.

Hi,

I don''t know how you could code this in a program but in terms of checking if popup banners are being called by Juno you could always try installing something like Zone Alarm (www.zonealarm.com) which will tell you if an application tries to access the internet to download banners (and vice versa).

Ben Watt
www.delphigamedev.com