Sign in to follow this  

IndieSafe.com - An Indie Community for both Gamers and Developers

This topic is 2843 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

IndieSafe! A website devoted entirely towards games developed by you, and other small time developers. The team at Indiesafe sets out to establish the newest name in online communities, providing in-depth, weekly articles, varying in topic from game development to interviews with talented indie developers. The site itself, provides an active forum, free blog space for any person interested, and a easy to use recruitment page for anyone looking or forming a team. This site isn’t just for indie developers either, if your just a gamer and would like to sit back in a active and up to date community, providing the latest news in gaming, this site is perfect for you as well! We at Indiesafe have set out to put the developers and the players together, in a comfortable and welcoming place. Join us in the next revolution in Indie gaming! _____________________________________________________________________________________________ Hey everyone, just wanted to kick start the advertising of my new site IndieSafe. We're now recruiting writers, so if you’re interested, fill out the Hiring page on the site, or send me an email at viper@indiesafe.com Writers should be willing to write and submit weekly articles of around 750-1500 words. The specific topic for each article can be discussed one of one. The site is not yet done, but I want to get its name out there a bit. If your interested, subscribe to the site by submitting your email. Once the site is complete a single mass email will be sent out alerting those who registered that the site is complete. Visit us here, http://www.indiesafe.com Viper (Zach) PS: Comments and Crits would be great. Despite the site still being down, if you have any questions or suggestion’s let me know.

Quote:
Original post by Viper17
The team at Indiesafe sets out to establish the newest name in online communities, providing in-depth, weekly articles, varying in topic from game development to interviews with talented indie developers. The site itself, provides an active forum, free blog space for any person interested, and a easy to use recruitment page for anyone looking or forming a team.

So it's like GameDev?

Quote:
Original post by Wan
Quote:
Original post by Viper17
The team at Indiesafe sets out to establish the newest name in online communities, providing in-depth, weekly articles, varying in topic from game development to interviews with talented indie developers. The site itself, provides an active forum, free blog space for any person interested, and a easy to use recruitment page for anyone looking or forming a team.

So it's like GameDev?

Similar in functionality, but separate in purpose I think. Sounds like it's aimed more for developers and players to come together and for developers to talk about their games, rather than focusing on the development of the games.

Quote:
Original post by Wan
Quote:
Original post by Viper17

So it's like GameDev?

myspace (so it's like friendster?)
facebook (so it's like myspace?)
twitter (so it's like facebook?)

I wish you all well with your site

Just for the record: I wasn't being sarcastic, I genuinely wondered what it is about.
That's the problem when you make your announcement before the actual launch.

Quote:
Original post by Stelimar
Quote:
Original post by Wan
Quote:
Original post by Viper17

So it's like GameDev?

Similar in functionality, but separate in purpose I think. Sounds like it's aimed more for developers and players to come together and for developers to talk about their games, rather than focusing on the development of the games.

Exactly.

While IndieSafe will/does offer the area for developers to discuss development, the site is not specifically geared to do so. Its much more of a community portal that connects the players and the developers together.

Had i felt GameDev and IndieSafe were to similar, i would not have posted. But i feel that my site will offer things that GameDev does not, which could be used to any indie developer's advantage.

Sign in to follow this