Sign in to follow this  

zipping files up and reading them during.

This topic is 2842 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am working on a project and before I get to deep into it I was thinking about doing something like putting all my assets into a zipped file, then when the program executes it will read the contents and load them up. So say I have character.png, character2.png, etc... I would be able to load those into my game once it is up and running, is there a good library out there for doing this, something user friendly to start out with?

I am unable to complete the instructions given by PhysicsFS to build for MS Visual 2008 like they show, I have also found zZipLib, but this lacks documentation to even use it, seems like most of these are unix based so windows documentations is limited. In PhysicsFS they use CMakeFileList.txt and in zZipLib uses MakeFile.am to build the binaries for the libraries. Anyone have any other suggestions or how to work around for these problems, any help would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance.

This topic is 2842 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.