New Game/Prototype - BreakOut Invaders

Started by
1 comment, last by BlueBruttino 14 years, 1 month ago
Hey all, Just thought I would share my most recent project here. It's called "BreakOut Invaders!" (a.k.a. "Copyright Infringement!") You may be able to deduce from the title that it is a game somewhere in between Breakout and Space Invaders. All graphics/input/sound/time is handled by SFML. If you haven't used it, you should. Features: 36 unique human screams* Innovative "gameplay" "Unique" control system A "storyline" The welcome screen. Exciting! Game over. Loser. Please, download it and have a go. I'd like to know what you think. Plus it's only 1.5MB. Download In it's current state I'm considering it "finished" although I guess it's only a prototype/gameplay test. Thanks for atleast reading :) I have to let you know that you will earn an achievement if you play my game and let me know ;) Cheers EDIT: Updated control scheme, you can now use your S and D keys as well as the arrow keys to control the ship. Also stopped credits from displaying when you choose to replay. Link Updated. [Edited by - BlueBruttino on March 3, 2010 3:59:06 PM]
Advertisement
Lol, interesting game, nicely done. Love the human screams, I'm pretty sure I heard all 36 of them. [lol]

It would be nice if I could choose to use some other keys besides the arrow keys, perhaps 'A' and 'S', or 'Z' and 'X'. The thing is that I have to place both my arms on the right side of my laptop to control the game, which isn't ergonomically sound. That's why first person shouters use the WSAD keys.

Yes, the arrow keys. Chosen because a decent part of the SFML community is French and they use the AZERTY layout. Did not think of the poor laptop users. I humbly apologise. lol...

Oh well, easy fix. Might do it now actually.

Done.

[Edited by - BlueBruttino on March 3, 2010 3:41:38 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement