Help with this dll project

Started by
4 comments, last by jor1980 14 years, 1 month ago
Hi am trying to create a .net dll with the static library nvtrsistrip, my problem is that i don´t know c++ i have tried and it gives me 3 errors, could anyone take a look to my project to tell what i have to do? http://rapidshare.com/files/358865335/MYtristrip.rar Thank´s
Advertisement
How about you instead post your code and the error messages you get? Nobody is going to bother downloading and compiling your code for you.
My project is named Prc++ and it has the code of the nvtristrip that i need to compile into a dll for visual basic, i don´t know c++ i have read some tutorials and i made this:

i have added into the folder nvstrip.lib and in Prc.h i have put the code of nvstrip.h:

#ifndef NVTRISTRIP_H
#define NVTRISTRIP_H

#ifndef NULL
#define NULL 0
#endif

#pragma comment(lib, "nvtristrip")

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Public interface for stripifier
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//GeForce1 and 2 cache size
#define CACHESIZE_GEFORCE1_2 16

//GeForce3 cache size
#define CACHESIZE_GEFORCE3 24

enum PrimType
{
PT_LIST,
PT_STRIP,
PT_FAN
};

struct PrimitiveGroup
{
PrimType type;
unsigned int numIndices;
unsigned short* indices;

PrimitiveGroup() : type(PT_STRIP), numIndices(0), indices(NULL) {}
~PrimitiveGroup()
{
if(indices)
delete[] indices;
indices = NULL;
}
};

// EnableRestart()
//
// For GPUs that support primitive restart, this sets a value as the restart index
//
// Restart is meaningless if strips are not being stitched together, so enabling restart
// makes NvTriStrip forcing stitching. So, you'll get back one strip.
//
// Default value: disabled
//
void EnableRestart(const unsigned int restartVal);

// DisableRestart()
//
// For GPUs that support primitive restart, this disables using primitive restart
//
void DisableRestart();

// SetCacheSize()
//
// Sets the cache size which the stripfier uses to optimize the data.
// Controls the length of the generated individual strips.
// This is the "actual" cache size, so 24 for GeForce3 and 16 for GeForce1/2
// You may want to play around with this number to tweak performance.
//
// Default value: 16
//
void SetCacheSize(const unsigned int cacheSize);

// SetStitchStrips()
//
// bool to indicate whether to stitch together strips into one huge strip or not.
// If set to true, you'll get back one huge strip stitched together using degenerate
// triangles.
// If set to false, you'll get back a large number of separate strips.
//
// Default value: true
//
void SetStitchStrips(const bool bStitchStrips);

// SetMinStripSize()
//
// Sets the minimum acceptable size for a strip, in triangles.
// All strips generated which are shorter than this will be thrown into one big, separate list.
//
// Default value: 0
//
void SetMinStripSize(const unsigned int minSize);

// SetListsOnly()
//
// If set to true, will return an optimized list, with no strips at all.
//
// Default value: false
//
void SetListsOnly(const bool bListsOnly);

// GenerateStrips()
//
// in_indices: input index list, the indices you would use to render
// in_numIndices: number of entries in in_indices
// primGroups: array of optimized/stripified PrimitiveGroups
// numGroups: number of groups returned
//
// Be sure to call delete[] on the returned primGroups to avoid leaking mem
//
bool GenerateStrips(const unsigned short* in_indices, const unsigned int in_numIndices,
PrimitiveGroup** primGroups, unsigned short* numGroups, bool validateEnabled = false);

// RemapIndices()
//
// Function to remap your indices to improve spatial locality in your vertex buffer.
//
// in_primGroups: array of PrimitiveGroups you want remapped
// numGroups: number of entries in in_primGroups
// numVerts: number of vertices in your vertex buffer, also can be thought of as the range
// of acceptable values for indices in your primitive groups.
// remappedGroups: array of remapped PrimitiveGroups
//
// Note that, according to the remapping handed back to you, you must reorder your
// vertex buffer.
//
// Credit goes to the MS Xbox crew for the idea for this interface.
//
void RemapIndices(const PrimitiveGroup* in_primGroups, const unsigned short numGroups,
const unsigned short numVerts, PrimitiveGroup** remappedGroups);

#endif

And here are the errors in the compilation:

Compilando...
Stdafx.cpp
Compilando...
Prc++.cpp
c:\users\jorge\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\prc++\prc++\Prc++.h(125) : error C2061: error de sintaxis : identificador 'PrimitiveGroup'
c:\users\jorge\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\prc++\prc++\Prc++.h(144) : error C4430: falta el especificador de tipo; se presupone int. Nota: C++ no admite default-int
c:\users\jorge\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\prc++\prc++\Prc++.h(144) : error C2143: error de sintaxis : falta ',' delante de '*'
AssemblyInfo.cpp
Generando código...
Quote:
bool GenerateStrips(const unsigned short* in_indices, const unsigned int in_numIndices,
PrimitiveGroup** primGroups, unsigned short* numGroups, bool validateEnabled = false);

void RemapIndices(const PrimitiveGroup* in_primGroups, const unsigned short numGroups,
const unsigned short numVerts, PrimitiveGroup** remappedGroups);

Put these on to single lines:

bool GenerateStrips(const unsigned short* in_indices, const unsigned int in_numIndices, PrimitiveGroup** primGroups, unsigned short* numGroups, bool validateEnabled = false);

void RemapIndices(const PrimitiveGroup* in_primGroups, const unsigned short numGroups, const unsigned short numVerts, PrimitiveGroup** remappedGroups);
No splitting of the lines is fine.

But I don't see at the moment what could cause this.
I have put those lines in single lines, but i am still having the 3 same errors.

Now i have changed prc.h:

// Prc++.h

#pragma once

using namespace System;

namespace Prc {

enum PrimType
{
PT_LIST,
PT_STRIP,
PT_FAN
};

struct PrimitiveGroup
{
PrimType type;
unsigned int numIndices;
unsigned short* indices;

PrimitiveGroup() : type(PT_STRIP), numIndices(0), indices(NULL) {}
~PrimitiveGroup()
{
if(indices)
delete[] indices;
indices = NULL;
}
};

public ref class Class1
{
// TODO: agregar aquí los métodos de la clase.

#ifndef NVTRISTRIP_H
#define NVTRISTRIP_H

#ifndef NULL
#define NULL 0
#endif

#pragma comment(lib, "nvtristrip")

// Public interface for stripifier

//GeForce1 and 2 cache size
#define CACHESIZE_GEFORCE1_2 16

//GeForce3 cache size
#define CACHESIZE_GEFORCE3 24

// EnableRestart()
//
// For GPUs that support primitive restart, this sets a value as the restart index
//
// Restart is meaningless if strips are not being stitched together, so enabling restart
// makes NvTriStrip forcing stitching. So, you'll get back one strip.
//
// Default value: disabled
//
void EnableRestart(const unsigned int restartVal);

// DisableRestart()
//
// For GPUs that support primitive restart, this disables using primitive restart
//
void DisableRestart();

// SetCacheSize()
//
// Sets the cache size which the stripfier uses to optimize the data.
// Controls the length of the generated individual strips.
// This is the "actual" cache size, so 24 for GeForce3 and 16 for GeForce1/2
// You may want to play around with this number to tweak performance.
//
// Default value: 16
//
void SetCacheSize(const unsigned int cacheSize);

// SetStitchStrips()
//
// bool to indicate whether to stitch together strips into one huge strip or not.
// If set to true, you'll get back one huge strip stitched together using degenerate
// triangles.
// If set to false, you'll get back a large number of separate strips.
//
// Default value: true
//
void SetStitchStrips(const bool bStitchStrips);

// SetMinStripSize()
//
// Sets the minimum acceptable size for a strip, in triangles.
// All strips generated which are shorter than this will be thrown into one big, separate list.
//
// Default value: 0
//
void SetMinStripSize(const unsigned int minSize);

// SetListsOnly()
//
// If set to true, will return an optimized list, with no strips at all.
//
// Default value: false
//
void SetListsOnly(const bool bListsOnly);

// GenerateStrips()
//
// in_indices: input index list, the indices you would use to render
// in_numIndices: number of entries in in_indices
// primGroups: array of optimized/stripified PrimitiveGroups
// numGroups: number of groups returned
//
// Be sure to call delete[] on the returned primGroups to avoid leaking mem
//
bool GenerateStrips(const unsigned short* in_indices, const unsigned int in_numIndices,PrimitiveGroup** primGroups, unsigned short* numGroups, bool validateEnabled = false);

// RemapIndices()
//
// Function to remap your indices to improve spatial locality in your vertex buffer.
//
// in_primGroups: array of PrimitiveGroups you want remapped
// numGroups: number of entries in in_primGroups
// numVerts: number of vertices in your vertex buffer, also can be thought of as the range
// of acceptable values for indices in your primitive groups.
// remappedGroups: array of remapped PrimitiveGroups
//
// Note that, according to the remapping handed back to you, you must reorder your
// vertex buffer.
//
// Credit goes to the MS Xbox crew for the idea for this interface.
//
void RemapIndices(const PrimitiveGroup*in_primGroups, const unsigned short numGroups,const unsigned short numVerts, PrimitiveGroup**remappedGroups);

#endif

};
}

but i have this errors compiling:

1>c:\users\jorge\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\prc++\prc++\Prc++.h(29) : error C2065: 'NULL' : identificador no declarado
1>c:\users\jorge\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\prc++\prc++\Prc++.h(34) : error C2065: 'NULL' : identificador no declarado
1>c:\users\jorge\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\prc++\prc++\Prc++.h(146) : error C3222: 'validateEnabled' : no se pueden declarar argumentos predeterminados para las funciones miembro de un tipo administrado o funciones genéricas
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp

[Edited by - jor1980 on March 10, 2010 8:18:39 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement