• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Nekkon

beginner help - csharp pak files

This topic is 3063 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, my first post here.. Had a question in regards to Csharp and working with Archives and/or Pak files. Im a relatively new coder, working with csharp and the XNA framework and one of my "short term goals" is to contain my sprites and such with in a pak file. having searched amongst the internet for a tutorial for csharp i came across this thread http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1991.asp from this site, which seems to be what i was looking for but in c++.. Can anyone direct me to a csharp version/tutorial? anyone other useful information/tutorials that would come in handy? Any suggestions would be great :) thanks

Advertisement
I suggest you read up on working with binary files in C# before jumping into PAK files. With that knowledge you can probably grasp the general idea behind the PAK format in the article you linked to even though it's written in C++.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!