• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Sagaceil

OpenGL FullScreen and OS cursor

This topic is 3126 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have some quick question. I'm trying to create a mouse cursor under fullscreen mode of OpenGL. I've seen that many games ( usually MMO's ) have a OS cursor system in fullscreen mode of the game - thats why it hase independedt thread of mouse rendering and it has all features like acceleration, speed set up in system. Another advantage is that fps doesnt affect of the refreshing mouse cursor. Is it possible ( and how , if not regular API ) to create a fullscreen OS mouse cursor. ( tried to use ShowCursor, LoadCursor etc, but it seems not to work propertly ). Thatnks for any answers.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Sagaceil
Is it possible ( and how , if not regular API ) to create a fullscreen OS mouse cursor. ( tried to use ShowCursor, LoadCursor etc, but it seems not to work propertly ).

ShowCursor and its siblings should do the trick, unless your GUI framework (if any) overrides it. Where do you render your OpenGL window ? In a native Win32 window ? With SDL ? With GLUT ? ...

I'm using AllegroGL to initialize the window. GUI is rendering afret whole 3D part, and then my own mouse curosor onto the main framebufer. Flip at the end.

I tried to find all chain of functions that are call when window init. But theres no entry about hiding coursor in full screen.

Heres these functions : http://www.codase.com/search/showtext?file=L2dlbnRvbzIvdmFyL3RtcC9yZXBvcy9jb2Rhc2UuYy9hbGxlZ3JvZ2wtMC4yLjQvd29yay9hbGxlZ2dsL3NyYy93aW4uYw==

1) allegro_gl_win_init_fullscreen
2) allegro_gl_win_init

I'll try to make some experiments to force ShowOsCuros after every Flip.

I've never tried AllegroGL but the cursor problem is definitely not an OpenGL issue since OpenGL does not work at this level. The problem resides either in AllegroGL or in another library you are using at the same time. If I were you I would try to ask the question to Allegro forums and/or mailing list.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!