Focus Windowed to Fullscreen Error

Started by
5 comments, last by ferrer 14 years, 1 month ago
Has anybody seen this error before? Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Can't Reset a Device w/o Focus window to Fullscreen I guess it means I'm losing focus on my window. My game is actually starts windowed and then I make it go fullscreen but fails with this error. Any ideas? Thanks
Advertisement
It actually sounds like you're not specifying a target window for the device.
Hooray for access to the source code [grin]!

That error is emitted when the focus window is NULL (Which is the HWND passed to CreateDevice() and the present params specify fullscreen, and you're not using D3D9Ex.
Quote:Original post by Evil Steve
Hooray for access to the source code [grin]!

That error is emitted when the focus window is NULL (Which is the HWND passed to CreateDevice() and the present params specify fullscreen, and you're not using D3D9Ex.

I didn't even need to see the source code, because I'm just that awesome. [cool]
Quote:Original post by MJP
I didn't even need to see the source code, because I'm just that awesome. [cool]
[sad]
The window handle is not NULL. Remember the game starts out windowed. Here is another piece of information is that if i start the game in fullscreen then i can go windowed and back again fine.
Found the problem. There are two places to set the windows handle one in the presentation parameters and the other is in createdevice itself.

thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement