Sign in to follow this  
Prune

Intellisense problem with multiple inheritance

For example, I have classes such as: class MTexture : GLResource, public Texture Now, GLResource has a member void Init(void); whereas Texture has several Init(...) members with various parameters, but no Init(void). Intellisense ONLY lists the GLResource::Init() when I'm writing an MTexture object. If I switch the order of the declaration to class MTexture : public Texture, GLResource then I see the Init(...) members from Texture instead. This solution works in this case for me since GLResource is only used internally in MTexture, but in general it is no solution at all! How do I configure Intellisense to show me all matchin

Thanks for the implied recommendation to use RAII, but I already am and simply working around the lack of language-supported multi-stage construction. But this has nothing to do with my original question, which is about getting Intellisense to work correctly :)

I have many modules running in quick succession on a schedule (as little as 30 seconds a piece), where they are mini games or some other interactive media content. I need the limited video RAM cleared every time a module finishes running and another one starts (both for space and to avoid fragmentation) and thus Init() and Clear(), whereas all the system-RAM resident data loaded from HD or precomputed by the ctor stays for the lifetime of the module and its member objects, which is on the order of days. Init() and Clear() of the module are called many times within a ctor<-->dtor span (and in turn call Init() and Clear() of objects, in the case of Clear(), automatically as GLResource ctor registers the objects with a manager that clears them all so I don't have to remember to).