Do you want to buy a X-Box?

Started by
95 comments, last by Toshiro 21 years, 4 months ago
Well the Mopre popular and wide spead use of a os the more viruses are going to be realeased for it, i meen it stands to reasont doesnt it? fot example is i was a twat that wanted to say program and wanted it to damage as many systems as posible i aint going to write it for beos am i? im going to target a largly use os and this will contribute to the reason y themain os''s have security flaws identified by virus makers and due to bad logic for the person that designed the program

~prevail by daring to fail~
Advertisement
Well, my vote goes with GAMECUBE. As a gamer, I just don''t see how anyone can pass it up. After holding the controler at E3, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it feels. And just look at the games that are coming out for it! They all seem to scream gameplay!

Still, I can see how programmers and the like would like to get an XBox to tinker around with it, if it will be possible to tinker with. Everyone seems to be saying that it will be very easy and (?)inexpensive to port and create games on the XBox.
Has this been confirmed? I''d imagine Microsoft would come up with some sort of development kit and licensing scheme to allow you to create games on the XBox. Would this be cheap though? Remember, we''re talking about Microsoft... the company that practically invented software licensing. ;-) It might be nice to stick with an architecture similar to the PC for developing games and yet have a standard, but are you gaining much by releasing content on the XBox? Bottom line is... are you gaining much in the long run by creating stuff on the XBox?

As a gamer though, I''d rather get a GAMECUBE. If I wanted to play PC games, I''d play them on a PC, not an XBox.

Greg Stewart
Lead Programmer,
Sparkle Game Co.
http://wwww.sparklegameco.com
I thought it had a GF4 in it.
XBOX is the absolute best gaming console available these days. i have played gamecube & PS2, and they are great as well in their own ways, but the XBOX is much better.
i am of the opinion that most people who hate XBOX are either too "anti-MS" to give it a fair chance, or already bought one of the other consoles and don''t want to admit that they wasted their money.
the controller is just fine, by the way. it is weird and bulky at first, but after a few days it seems as natural as anything else, and because it is so nicely shaped you can play for six hours straight and not have any cramps or anything when you return to real life afterwards. the PS2 controller cramps my hands after about three hours, and the gamecube one is too strange to play for long at all.
so stop bashing the XBOX just because of who made it, or because you don''t have one!
just my 2 cents...
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
way to resurrect a year old thread. as for whether i''ll buy an xbox, no, nor any other console for that matter. they just won;t be as good as my pc in terms of graphics or game play. console games seem to be just so 1 dimensional (not in terms of graphics fools). it''s just more of something you casually pick up and play for a while then leave it, the games (as a whole) seem to have no sense of immersion. plus console games seem to cost twice as much as pc games when they are no better (apart from lack of bugs of course).
Thanks for the one year old thread resurrection!!

XBOX is the absolute best gaming console available these days. i have played gamecube & PS2, and they are great as well in their own ways, but the XBOX is much better.

Care to substantiate those statements (by saying exactly how XBox is better, for example)?

quote:the controller is just fine, by the way. it is weird and bulky at first, but after a few days it seems as natural as anything else, and because it is so nicely shaped you can play for six hours straight and not have any cramps or anything when you return to real life afterwards.

I played for 30 minutes. Cramps. That''s never happened with a NES, MasterSystem, SNES, Genesis (MegaDrive), PlayStation(2), Dreamcast, GameCube or any PC gamepad (much as they suck). Anecdotal evidence is not compelling - it''s equivalent to opinion.

Perhaps you have a Controller S.

For the record, I don''t dislike the XBox in the least - it''s my #2 console contender. But it''s big. Too big for my liking.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement