Do you want to buy a X-Box?

Started by
95 comments, last by Toshiro 21 years, 4 months ago
Are lot of people who want to buy a X-Box? It is just to know if I should optimize my app for these console.
segata sanshiro
Advertisement
Yep, eventually... but for development and testing. I''m looking forward to trying "Ego" as well, but my Xbox''s purpose is a testing platform.

I''m planning to optimize my game for this platform... the market opens wide if you make a game that is so cross platform... and the game doesn''t really need special architecture since an Xbox is essentially a PC.

MatrixCubed
http://MatrixCubed.org

I''m keeping an eye on the Xbox, mainly because of it''s $299 price tag which might drive away some of the consumer base. (kids!) If it turns out to be a gigantic success I''ll think about it. Since I use Opengl and the Xbox uses Directx 8 I''ll have to port it so we''ll have to wait and see for me. If you''re interested it looks like it has the power of a pc and the compatiblility of a console.
XBox will support OpenGL API by way of NVidia. Doom3 is OpenGL based and will be one of the major XBox games of 2002.
Thanks,

I don''t have enough money to buy her dev kit, but what do you think about Game Cube?
segata sanshiro
I''ll rather get a GameCube then a XBOX. GCN is cheaper, better games (IMO) and their controller is supposed to be way better .

Anonymous Programmer
Anonymous Programmer
I want an X-Box. Right now I just want it as a gamer. As a developer, I don''t think I will be making games on it. I''m only 14 so by the time I get enough people together for a good looking and deep game and my programming skill is good enough, which should be by the time I''m out of high school. There should be a whole new market. It''ll probably like X-Box 2 and PS3 and Nintendo 256 battling for the market. So I don''t really know.
Yeah i''m going to buy a X-Box, mainly because it has very good specs and one of my favorite games, "Oddworld: Munch Oddysee",
is going to be X-Box exclusive.

"Some that live deserve to die and some that are dead deserve to live"
Sephiroth
I''m going to buy an XBox because EVERY game that I''ve seen so far that is going to be released on it kicks ass! I havn''t found a bad game yet! As for developing for it, I dont'' know, most likely not. By the time my game comes out the PS6 would have been released

-----------------------------------------------------------
"People who usualy use the word pedantic usualy are pedantic!"-me
-----------------------------------------------------------"People who usualy use the word pedantic usualy are pedantic!"-me
Hey all, I hate xbox, ive got a PS2 site,

check it out, its got an article on our view of consoles. Inlcuding XBOX
just go to articles page

the url is http://www.btinternet.com/~ashley.canning/index.html

Im getting a domain soon

Bye
visit the best site ever:http://www.btinternet.com/~ashley.canning/index.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement