Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChrisE

A few programming updates

For the next release I am working on more features for the high level engine. I have an example with some MD2 characters running around a BSP level. You can shoot grenades at them and they blow up into gibs with blood particle effects. I''ve also made a moving BSP platform that will carry objects, as well as push them around if they are in the way. It will crush you against a wall and kill you, forcing a respawn at the starting location. There is now a HUD callback function, where you can display health and ammo counts. Objects now use cylinders for collision and you slide off them instead of just stopping dead like SimpleLand. I plan on adding first person weapon animations, weapon slots, switching weapons, characters that attack and hurt you, proximity damage from grenades, push buttons for signalling the elevator to move up or down, rotating BSP''s (ie big fan blade or gears) that push people around, and more. Here is a list of bugs fixed since Beta 8: *Fixed collision cylinders not being drawn for characters *Changes collision with objects to use cylinders instead of boxes *Added sliding when colliding with cylinders *Fixed lighting problems with MD2 characters when they have a scale other than 1.0 *Added HUD callback function to high level engine *Changed default scale MD2 characters to match a BSP scale of 1.0 *Added single weapon support to MD2''s (place weapon.md2 and weapon.pcx in directory before converting) *Fixed MD2 looping animations *Added automatic MD2 animation frame setup to CHR Edit *Fixed shader count problem when loading multiple BSP''s *Made BSP renderer still work if BSP doesn''t contain PVS info

Chris,

and...how about *MY* 3rd person view example?
(seems only me wants that...*crying*)

do I seems demanding ?I am very sorry about
that , but I want it very much...

thanks
kaholee

Third person is actually pretty easy. Change the LS_CreateGamePlayer call to use a .CHR object.

Change the camera type to aim at a target, and make the camera some distance behind the player so you can see it.