Sign in to follow this  
hkBattousai

VS 2010 Quick question - How to automatically pre-build before run

I'm writing C++ code using Visual Studio 2010 beta 2. When I click "Start Debugging" button on the tool-bar, or simply press F5, Visual Studio runs the last built version of my code. However, I want it to build my code every time I attempt to run it. How can make Visual Studio always pre-build my code?

Quote:
Original post by Madhed
Why would you want to rebuild your project everytime you start your application from within Visual Studio, even when nothing has changed?

I don't want to build my project when it is up-to-date, but the problem is that it doesn't automatically build when there is a change in the code.

Quote:
Original post by Battousai
Quote:
Original post by Madhed
Why would you want to rebuild your project everytime you start your application from within Visual Studio, even when nothing has changed?

I don't want to build my project when it is up-to-date, but the problem is that it doesn't automatically build when there is a change in the code.

Sorry Battousai. I thought I read that in your post, guess it's too late I think I should go sleep now :)

Quote:
Original post by Madhed
Quote:
Original post by Battousai
Quote:
Original post by Madhed

Sorry Battousai. I thought I read that in your post, guess it's too late I think I should go sleep now :)

Well... I should go to sleep too...