UpdateSurface on VolumeTexture?

Started by
0 comments, last by freka586 14 years, 1 month ago
First a small remark - I plan to explore this myself as soon as I get to a computer with proper development enviroment. But I thought it best to check this with the community as well, since that will be some time away for me. Is it possible to use the approach of UpdateSurface also on VolumeTextures? Or Volume, which would be the 3D equivalent of surface, right? Basically what I would like to do is as efficiently as possible fill the content of a Pool.Default VolumeTexture with the content of a Pool.System VolumeTexture. a) Is there an equivalent to UpdateSurface for this, or some other preferred approach? b) Any flags/options that might be of interest to reach maximum efficiency, as the amount of data for volume textures are typically fairly large? c) Are partial updates also OK, indicated by a Box region? What would the performance impact be, am I perhaps even better left at flushing the entire texture to reduce overhead? Thanks in advance, Fredrik [Edited by - freka586 on March 8, 2010 4:29:09 AM]
Advertisement
Come to think of it, this most likely has nothing to do with SlimDX. If I knew how to do this in basic DirectX, then the same approach would most likely work just fine in SlimDX as well. Updated title to reflect that!

I can figure out the syntactic differences if someone has a clue how solve this problem in DirectX?

[Edited by - freka586 on March 8, 2010 4:31:55 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement