Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tarique

No entities drawn in PR 3.03

Not sure why, but making a call to PR_GetTicks(), just before PR_RenderFrame() solves the problem. Not sure what's happing here.

This also seems to solve the problem in the examples mentioned above.

Any clues Chris? Seems like yet another bug to me

It only seems to happen on programs that build objects from scratch, like examples ex10, ex11 and ex19.

Maybe this gives you something to go on?

As stated before, it worked fine under 3.00 but the 3.03 libraries exhibit this problem.

I was talking to another user via ICQ yesterday, who had similar problems. I e-mailed him my 'solution' but not sure if that has solved it for him as I haven't heard from him since!

Not meaning to sound funny Chris, but did you check the above examples with version 3.03? And if so, in your versions, do you have a call to PR_GetTicks() in the render loop?

If you do, I suggest removing them to see what happens.

I have tested all of the examples with PR 3.03. I'm only aware of one bug with the land1 demo, which crashes the system when you quit after using bump mapped water.

Ex19 doesn't even use a timer so I don't see how PR_GetTicks would be affecting it unless you've changed my original examples.

Which is why I'm confused. I have not touched the examples. I merely chose ones that I thought would exhibit the same problems and just did a recompile under 3.03.

After tinkering with it (ex19 that is) I discovered that a GetTicks() call solved the prob. I then tried it in the other mentioned examples and they strted to work fine also.

I then included the GetTicks in my code and that worked as well!!!

As a rule I do not fiddle with the demos as I try to use them as 'test beds' to see if they exhibit the same problems.

Just to make sure, I have reinstalled the demos and recompiled them with 3.03. As expected they didn't work, until I included the GetTicks() call.

Sorry Chris, but I'm not making this up. I'm as confused as you are.

And yes I do know what I'm doing

I've found you're right, but it only happens on the release build and not the debug builds.

I don't understand why, but adding a PR_InitTimer before the main loop makes the entities appear. I'll have to spend more time investigating because it makes no sense to me right now.

I have now upgraded to PR3.03. And although everything compiles fine I can no longer see any entities or bitmaps being drawn. My diagnostic text messages are displayed okay though.

If I recompile using the older PR3.00 everything is okay again.

I am building my own objects using prbuild.h and am using the same 2D bitmap creation algo taken from ex11.c. (My bitmap is not drawn either!)

As a test, I recompiled ex11.c with PR3.03 and this no longer draws anything either! So, there is a definite problem here.

I need this solved urgently as I need to demo this version on Tuesday, so any help would be appreciated!!!

Yes, I *AM* working over Christmas day!!!

[This message has been edited by Tarique (edited December 25, 1999).]