Sign in to follow this  
nintendofreak91788

Need help: Manifest Build Error with DirectX Application

Hi, My name is Katie and I'm trying to build a simple project for the class I'm taking on DirectX. I set up the project exactly according to instructions. I have the latest version of the DirectX SDK installed and everything seems to be where it should be. Yet I continually get this same error: 1>Embedding manifest... 1>.\Debug\KatieHanlonWeek1DirectX.exe.intermediate.manifest : general error c1010070: Failed to load and parse the manifest. The system cannot find the file specified. 1>Build log was saved at "..." 1>KatieHanlonWeek1DirectX - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ========== I have viewed a previous post in these forums about this same error, and tried changing the character sets, and turning off the manifest. This error still remains. I haven't the slightest idea how to fix it. If anyone can help me out, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance. :) Katie

Your problem has nothing to do with DirectX. Start from scratch and get the most basic project setup compiling. If the projet will not compile, add each part in one at a time until you find what is causing you a problem.