Sign in to follow this  
campbellprogrammer

can i edit an existing web site with an asp.net web application?

can i edit an existing web site with an asp.net web application? i have a resume web site that isnt very good, and is unfinished. i want to add to the main page by just adding controls to it with visual studio. but i cant figure out how to get my page in the VS gui. i know in a windows form application you can add the web browser control which allows you to type in a url and that site loads up when the program is run...is there something like that in an asp application so i can edit my site like this?

Well, I mean tools like dreamweaver and such can be set up to update web sites. But you obviously, need the ftp information or whatever so it can upload the edited pages back to the site. Obviously tools don't exist that can just update any page without that authentication information otherwise I could just open up and edit google =)

What specific kinds of "controls" do you want to add? If there's additional functionality you need then you may need something better than HTML: PHP, JSP, Flash/FLEX, whatever. In which case your host needs to support those additional technologies.

-me