Sign in to follow this  
whorsfall

DirectX starting point - 2D rotation?

Hi, I am after a some information that can point me in the right direction regarding DirectX or Managed DirectX. I would like to do the following: Draw a Thick Line on the screen (like a pointer) and rotate it between 35 and 325 degrees then swing back and forth(0 degrees is bottom). I would like it to be able to be painted 1 degree at a time. I would then like it to go from side to side in a loop until terminated. I would like It to function very much like an old fashioned panel meter, or like a speedometer needles movement. My objective is to be able to see the animation as quickly and smoothly as possible to determine where my limitations are. Any pointers regarding at least where to start would be great. As DirectX is a pritty big topic and I am not sure were to start like Sprites, meshes etc to achive the above. Thanks. Ward [Edited by - whorsfall on March 9, 2010 5:05:54 AM]

When you are using DirectX there is no quick way to just jump in and do what you are asking. There is alot of initialization and understanding of the current setup you need to have before you can draw anything. There are many tutorials on DirectX 9/10 / XNA on the web. I'd suggest you check them out or go buy a good book or 3 to learn the basics.