Sign in to follow this  
ramboss12

3D Acceleration problem

What does "can't" mean? Does running dxdiag do nothing? Does it crash? Does it give you an error? What error? What Direct3D program are you testing? Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card?

dxdiag opens fine, its when i go on to the display tab and it doesent let me test Direct 3D only test direct draw, im not sure about how to update my video card its Intel(R)82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller

Windows Update will probably have updates for your driver.

Is there anything in the Notes field at the bottom of the Display tab? I have:
Quote:

* No problems found.
* To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.
* To test Direct3D functionality, click the "Test Direct3D" button above.

Can you take a screenshot of that page, upload it to something like photbucket and then link it here?

yeh it says this

No problems found.
To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.
Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

Then you don't have a driver installed [smile]

If there's nothing on Windows Update, you could try the website of the manufacturer of your PC / laptop, or you might have an install / recovery CD with the drivers on it.

Quote:
Original post by ramboss12
do you think this will solve my problem if i update
If a graphics driver is listed in the list of updates, yes. I'd recommend updating anyway - Windows Updates are there for a reason, and may contain important security of compatibility fixes.

Quote:
Original post by ramboss12
argh dident work still
Quote:
Original post by Evil Steve
If there's nothing on Windows Update, you could try the website of the manufacturer of your PC / laptop, or you might have an install / recovery CD with the drivers on it.

Do you have any driver discs that came with your PC? Is there any option to download the driver from intel's site so you can try installing it anyway?

You're probably going to have to take it up with Intel support; this is a forum for game development, and while we can help with tech support to a certain point, there's very little more that we can say other than "D3D thinks you don't have a D3D9 driver installed".