Sign in to follow this  

visual studio problem

This topic is 2835 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

heey all, today I was working with Visual studio 2010 beta 2 (I've been using it for months now) and for no reason it crashed. I was just typing some code in it. So I restarted my computer. And it won't run. If I start it, I get the normal splash, but I get a errormessage: "The application cannot start" Does anyone know it could be? thanks in advance, assainator

It's a beta, which means it requires testing. Report the issue to Microsoft so they can try to fix it.
Other than that, it's very difficult for anyone here to diagnose the problem remotely.

I finally got around to installing VS2010 RC version on my secondary rig and the first thing it did was also to crash when I was building a quick winform app on it.
Not good :(
It didn't stop working completely though.
I suggest reinstalling it in your case.

Thanks for the advice but i'm affraid it doesn't work.
It uninstalled nicely, but it somehow can't install the Visual Studio 9.0 C++ Runtime during the new setup......

wkr,
assainator

This topic is 2835 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.