Sign in to follow this  
ryan009ryan

Tracking data from running process

Hi, I want to find memeory values of program. Like suppose war craft III is running i want to fetch data related with records of player directly memory. How will i know be address of program and variable which is being used. ? becz i am able to see game data which is being save in '.W3Z' file format ? Plz give me technical tips to track data from running process. Thanks

Windows (and probably all operating systems) is specifically design not to allow you to do this. All processes run in there own memory space. If you create a program and started looking at some random memory address, that address will only exist in the context of your program. Some other process running on the system can use the same address but would be using its own instance of that address. Your code would need to be running inside the program you are trying to hack in order to do this. Or you would need to change / hack the operating system. If the data you want to browse is located in files, then you can look at the files. Your other problem is however that there probably isnt going to be any documentation for the structure of the file. The file is probably designed to be readable and may have security measures to prevent you from messing with it (like using hash codes for a collection of values). Other people may have figured out some of the data in the file so you can check the web for information on the format. If yourt specifically looking to hack warcraft files I would search on that topic as other people have probably figured out to some degree how to mod the program.

Download a tool called ArtMoney. I'm sure there are others as well.

As for knowing which values mean represent things like money, etc. That's up to you :) You have to find them through investigation and detective work.

ReadProcessMemory can help you get the memory of another program.
As for interpreting it, that is up to you (you just get a chunk of raw bytes). As cache_hit pointed out, there are programs available that do this for you already, if you are just trying to mess with the game and are not in it for the fun of programming it yourself.

I am making a program which will cal exe of warcraftIII( war3.exe) so here process is one and i want to track data from game executable (war3.exe) file. I am not able to see DLL file which is using in game. so how will i accomplish it any basic idea to through it will be ok for me. thanks

yes this is cool. I can see all dependency of program. Is there any dll cracker file from them i can see dll source code. My dll file is written in vc++. I want to use this dll in my program or wana to make same dll in other technolgy.
Thanks for kindly help