Sign in to follow this  

Choosing my first game engine/library (help a noob!)

This topic is 2839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, I just joined the forum today, and I've already been learning a lot just by reading some random posts. I'm learning programming in java, and I need some input. I've tried to do some independent research, but to me it just seems there is a bunch of libraries which contain classes that make game construction convenient and abstracts lower-level functions(is such a library what is meant by a "game engine"?). My question is this: are there certain libraries which are easier to use for someone who has less experience with game programming? If so, could someone point me towards this perhaps simpler library? I know that I can trust an answer from one of you better than I could discern whether or not any guy on the internet has an opinion worth listening to. Sorry for the noob question! Thanks in advance

This topic is 2839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.