OpenAL+Vorbis

Started by
2 comments, last by MilfredCubicleX 14 years, 1 month ago
I`m trying to compile libvorbis to integrate with OpenAL and it gives me an link error: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libvorbis.lib' It suppose that I´m building the libvorbis.lib and the libvorbis.dll. Anyone know something about this error?
Advertisement
Are you compiling from one of the project files supplied? If so, what project file exactly, and what compiler are you using?

Does the project have libvorbis.lib listed under Configuration Properties -> Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies? Is it referenced in any source file in the project (E.g. as a #pragma comment(lib, "libvorbis.lib"))?
I`m using VS2008 and I use the project that I found in the Libvorbis->win32->VS2008(here I found a project for static library and another one for dynamic library).The static lib compile correctly but the dynamic(which contain 2 projects int he solution) gives the following errors:

1.project libvorbis:

-vorbis.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _analysis_output_always

-win32\VS2008\Win32\Debug/libvorbis.lib : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

2.project libvorbisfile:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '..\win32\debug\libvorbis.lib'

In Configuration Properties -> Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies
only appears ogglib reference but I have configured it for all visual enviroment so no problem about that.
In Configuration Properties -> Linker -> Advanced (Import Library)I found this reference: $(OutDir)/libvorbis.lib.

Hey I just experienced this problem as well. I found this website:

http://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/build_windows_dependencies

which states that

Quote:
If you get the error

vorbis.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _analysis_output_always

comment the line _analysis_output_always in libvorbis-1.2.3\win32\vorbis.def (line 51 in my copy.) Press F7 again and it should build fine.

I tried it, and it compiled fine. I'm not sure what this affects though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement