Sign in to follow this  

looking for a book

This topic is 2836 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Basically what i need is a C++ book covering these topics: - Linked Lists - Dijkstra algorithm - Breadth-first search - Templates,.. Iterators Now i have a book allready called Data Structures & Problem Solving using Java (I got to my Computer Science class almost a decade ago, and considering to sell it or throw it away) covering some of these topics, and some of the iterator and Linked Lists classes are a shit to convert to C++ when this is a Java-book. So the thing is i need a good book that explains some path-finding algorithms and at the same time covering tutorials about templates, vectors iterators and linked lists, etc.. all in C++. I tried to search the net about these topics but they are scattered all over the place with too bad explanations and some have borken sourcecode. I want to code everything by myself by learning how iterators, trees, graphs and all that works and then code my pathfinding algorithm by learning from the book. If you have a book on your bookshelf covering all these topics + some more please let me know, I am thinking of buying one that has good explanations and sourcecode. Thanks for your time.

'Programming AI by Example' by Mat Buckland has a lot of good information on search algorithms (and other topics as well), and includes working C++ code that makes use of (relatively) modern C++ features such as templates and the containers and algorithms from the SC++L.

If you want more in-depth information on topics such as linked lists, templates, the SC++L, etc., you'll probably need to consult multiple references (that is, you're unlikely to find all of the things you're looking for in a single book).

Also, linked lists kind of fall into a different category than the other things you mentioned. You're more likely to find that sort of information (I would guess) in a more general reference on data structures, etc. (If you're using the SC++L, the most obvious choice would be to use std::list if you need a linked list.)

This topic is 2836 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.