Using PR 3.03

Started by
8 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 3 months ago
I compiled the example to test it on my system, my g400 ran it windowed and my voodoo II gave the zbuffer error because it cant run windowed.

I corrected the zbuffer error by setting
PR_Settings.UseWindowed = 0;
in the land1.c file.

It then gave me a setpalette failed while loading surface.

I havent even looked at this example before so I'm not sure whats causing it, but it doesn't happen with my g400 only voodoo 2.

Just more info.

Gary

Advertisement
Hi,

Attached are the log for Permedia2 and Voodoo2.

The log for Permedia2:

14:09:15 Determine texture format.. current format is 0
14:09:15 Modified format is 0
14:09:15 Format Chosen: 5
14:09:16 res = Unknown Error Code, passes = 0
14:09:16 res = D3DERR_UNSUPPORTEDALPHAOPERATION, passes = 0

The log for Voodoo2:

14:09:39 PR_SetModeD3D: W: 640 H: 480 BPP:16

14:09:39 Making primary surface
14:09:39 Done Making primary surface
14:09:39 Querying backbuffer
14:09:39 Done Querying backbuffer
14:09:39 CreateZBuffer
14:09:39 ZBuffer bit depth is 16
14:09:39 Stencil bit depth is 0
14:09:39 File: C:\pr30\src\ddraw\Prhrdwre.c
Line: 1140
Error: DDERR_CANNOTATTACHSURFACE

14:09:39 AddAttachedBuffer failed for Z-Buffer.
PR_D3D_CreateZBuffer

The unsupported rendering modes are normal. Not all blending modes that PR can do are supported by every card. It has to test each one and see if the card can do handle it when you set the video mode.

The voodoo2 problem with the zbuffer is attributed to trying to run a windowed application. There are other known bugs in the land1 example with the latest libraries and I'm working on them.

Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)
How many dudes is coding this PR? First when I saw 2.6pr it was nice, supporting almost everything that I needed. pr3, no opengl? only directx? huh. And now updates that makes it even worse. When we are getting real support to these things?
I am using the Land1 demo.

I tried PR 3.03 but it do not work on both my Permedia2 and Voodoo2. Both cards are using the latest drivers and DirectX 7.

The diagnostic log shows that Voodoo2 is unable to create the Zbuffer, the Permedia2 has problem create surface for the textures.

The compilation is okay and i have set to /Zp4 before compiling.

Reverting back to PR3.00 works fine.

I am the only person coding Power Render and there was never anyone else working on it.

I've dropped Glide and OpenGL because they were too much to keep up with. As you can see I'm having trouble just getting the Direct3D version up to date with DX7.

The original release of PR 3 was well tested on many cards, but the latest DX7 version has not been. I've given it out to people to test and you should report any problems to me. I've done a lot of new work, on DX7, 3D Now, changing the structure byte alignment, Character Studio playback, and the PRO Editor. There's bound to be some problems here and there and I'm gradually fixing them up in the new versions.

Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)
Huh. Alot of work for one dude only. It is nice to know where things are going right now :)
I can build a debug version of Land1 with the latest pr303 but I get the following error when trying to compile a Release version, what causes this, I cannot find a vc60.pdb file for this and why does it not get created.

Thankspr.lib(jidctred.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB "vc60.pdb" was not found with "D:\APIs\PR\PR303\winlib\MSDD\pr.lib" or at "C:\Projects\PR\Forbidden_Worlds\Release\vc60.pdb"; linking object as if no debug info
Anarchy Arts LLC Anarchy Arts
4994 S. Lincoln Street
Murray, UT 84107
(801) 269-9465
I can build a debug version of Land1 with the latest pr303 but I get the following error when trying to compile a Release version, what causes this, I cannot find a vc60.pdb file for this and why does it not get created.

Thankspr.lib(jidctred.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB "vc60.pdb" was not found with "D:\APIs\PR\PR303\winlib\MSDD\pr.lib" or at "C:\Projects\PR\Forbidden_Worlds\Release\vc60.pdb"; linking object as if no debug info
Anarchy Arts LLC Anarchy Arts
4994 S. Lincoln Street
Murray, UT 84107
(801) 269-9465
Hi Chris,

Keep up the good work for Power Render.

We can see that you are always trying to help fix the problems that we have.

After a few rounds of testing for DX7, PR 3 will get stable eventually.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement