• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thorpe

Has anybody ever gotten Alt+TAB working ?

This topic is 6195 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have tried absolutely everything and I just can''t get it working. It just seems impossible... This is the code I use at the moment: case WM_SETFOCUS: SetCursor(0); ACTIVE=TRUE; if(FOCUSLOST){ Beacon(123); while(g_pDDSPrimary->Flip(0, DDFLIP_WAIT)==DDERR_SURFACELOST){ g_pDDSPrimary->Restore(); g_pDDSBack->Restore(); Beacon(1234); } RestoreAll(); ReacquireInput(); if(GameStatus==PLAY&&PlayStatus==PLAYING){ if(PAUSE) Pause(); BLIT=TRUE; Blitted=0; } FOCUSLOST=FALSE; } return 0; case WM_KILLFOCUS: ACTIVE=FALSE; FOCUSLOST=TRUE; ACTIVE=FALSE; for(int Y=0;YFlip(0, DDFLIP_WAIT)==DDERR_SURFACELOST) loop when I reactivate the app. Am I supposed to use WM_KILLFOCUS and WM_SETFOCUS or something else? Is there anythinig else I need to think of? Please help me, I''m really desperate! Johan Torp - http://www.destruction.nu

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
take a look at
IDirectDraw7::TestCooperativeLevel()
in the dx7 sdk docs

Have you read the section on this in the DX8 SDK docs? Use IDirect3DDevice8::TestCooperativeLevel() to check if the device is ready to be reset (ie your app has regained focus). If it is then you need to reset it with IDirect3DDevice8::Reset().

Also make sure the D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS you are supplying to Reset() still contains correct values.

Other than that you need to restore IBs, VBs and textures that were in D3DPOOL_DEFAULT memory.

I personally don''t run my main loop when the device is lost, I just call a function that checks is a reset is possible, and then attempts to reset if it is.

Good luck

I have now looked a little on testcooperativelevel though I''m not sure how to use it. Should I loop until it returns DD_OK in the WM_SETFOCUS case, before restoring surfaces? I''ll give it a try... In the meantime, does anybody have any example or an article on how to get this working?

Btw, I am not using d3d.

I have been trying for several days now so I really appreciate your help.

Johan Torp - http://www.destruction.nu

Try keep the program in a loop until the cooperative level is restored, like this;

HRESULT hr = lpDD->TestCooperativeLevel();

if (hr == DDERR_NOEXCLUSIVEMODE)
{
MSG msg;
WaitMessage(); // the app will now pause

do // wait inside this message pump until

//the coop level is restored

{
int bGotMsg = PeekMessage( &msg, NULL, 0U, 0U, PM_REMOVE );

if (bGotMsg)
{
DispatchMessage(&msg);

hr = lpDD->TestCooperativeLevel();
}
}while (hr != DD_OK);
}

I found that just waiting for the initial message was not enough, and I could receive 4 or 5 messages before the cooperation level was restored.

- Matt

>>>> Btw, I am not using d3d.

>>Sorry about that Didn''t read your code carefully enough.

You tried to help me at least =). I wouldn''t have read all that code either!

Just thought I''d tell you all that I finally got it working!!!

3dModelMan, thank you for the tip and the code and I want to thank all others who tried to help =) I never thought I''d get it working!

Johan Torp - http://www.destruction.nu

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!