Sign in to follow this  

Sweeping 3D SAT Theorem?

This topic is 2834 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well, I'm getting the basic idea of making a new object out of the origin and the moved position of the object but when it comes to there response part I'm a bit confused. For example lets say (2D example) [ ] = Box Origin ___ <- Polygon [ ] = Box End Point Result from SAT theorem... -->[|] ___ | -->[|] [Box Moves to the right following the shorting axis.] Ther result I want, is this... [ ] [ ] ___ [Box Moves the shortest distance along the velocity vector] It feels like I'm missing something simple. Any idea what it is? I was tempted to think you just use the velocity vector but that seems like it could give incorrect results in 3D. [Edited by - AntiGuy on March 14, 2010 2:16:37 PM]

Well wasn't really as simple as I thought but I'm happy with the result. It seems sliding the result along the polygon plane to the nearest point on the line of the velocity vector works.

Probably needs a few more tweaks but that solves it for the most part.

Update: Scratch that, doesn't work

[Edited by - AntiGuy on May 13, 2010 1:08:25 AM]

This topic is 2834 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.