A Quest Too Far

Started by
4 comments, last by Beather 14 years ago
Hi, Yesterday I finished my 7 Day RogueLike, 'A Quest Too Far', for the 2010 7DRL Contest. I'm quite please with the results, but if you enjoy this sort of thing I'd love to know what you think! http://www.randomstuff.org.uk/~geoffrey/roguelikes/aquesttoofar.html And if you're interested, all of the entries are listed here - http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org/index.php?title=7DRL_Contest_2010 - Geoffrey [Edited by - Geoffrey on March 15, 2010 8:11:00 AM]
The Trouble With Robots - www.digitalchestnut.com/trouble
Advertisement
I like roguelikes but unfortunately I am running on Linux.
It sounds interesting. How much time did you spend on it each day ?
Quote:Original post by SriLumpa
I like roguelikes but unfortunately I am running on Linux.

If you download version 1.1, that should work on Linux but you'll have to 'make' it yourself. It comes with source code and a makefile that was tested on Ubuntu Linux (requires SDL). To be honest this stuff is all fairly new to me, so do say if I've done something wrong...

Quote:
It sounds interesting. How much time did you spend on it each day ?

I took the week off work so I could spend 8 hours on it each day ... usually followed by a few more hours in the evening. It's been fun (nearly all the time!), I've learned a lot, and I've actually released a game - rather than letting it sit 90% complete on my hard disk for eternity...
Just "make" worked ! (can say that of many "build it yourself" programs).
The feeling of the game is really nice. I like the special effects and humor. The decline is quite fast though, and you have to drop items really quickly. I managed to die at level 3 :) Congratulations.
Quote:Original post by SriLumpa
Just "make" worked !

Excellent.

Quote:
The decline is quite fast though, and you have to drop items really quickly. I managed to die at level 3 :)

You're absolutely right, decline is quite fast - this is because I only had time to implement 5 levels and I wanted things to get 'interesting' by the end game.

Glad you enjoyed it.
Hi,

I liked this roguelike, I'm glad that you found something original :)
I wrote a small review for it on my website!

Nick

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement