• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Kapoef

Transition between textures for a skydome [solved]

This topic is 3025 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi What I'm trying to do is load in 2 textures and draw them on my skydome. The basic idea is that one texture is a day-time texture and the other is a night-time texture. What i wanna have is to make a smooth alpha transition between the 2 textures according to some timer value. Thus far I have loaded the 2 textures in using: D3DXCreateTextureFromFile(....); The textures are normal BMP files. What I have been playing with is loading the day texture in as texture 0 and the night texture as texture 1 using: SetTexture( 0, m_pTextureDay ); SetTexture( 1, m_pTextureNight ); Also I'm drawing the textures with lighting enabled thus I needed a material, the material I'm using is: material.Ambient=material.Diffuse = D3DXCOLOR(1.0f,1.0f,1.0f,1.0f); // i might need to change the material, but to what idk atm???? K, after the setup as above I used: SetTextureStageState(...); to blend the 2 textures. The big question is, what do i need to pass to SetTextureStageState(...); to accomplish a smooth transition??????? If any of you have an alternative idea or if you can help me in any way I would be very grateful!!! Thx in advance [Edited by - Kapoef on March 18, 2010 10:36:46 AM]

Advertisement
Thx very much

i just checked the vids and its looks awesome. imma check the source now

Thx again

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!