Sign in to follow this  
Kapoef

Transition between textures for a skydome [solved]

Hi What I'm trying to do is load in 2 textures and draw them on my skydome. The basic idea is that one texture is a day-time texture and the other is a night-time texture. What i wanna have is to make a smooth alpha transition between the 2 textures according to some timer value. Thus far I have loaded the 2 textures in using: D3DXCreateTextureFromFile(....); The textures are normal BMP files. What I have been playing with is loading the day texture in as texture 0 and the night texture as texture 1 using: SetTexture( 0, m_pTextureDay ); SetTexture( 1, m_pTextureNight ); Also I'm drawing the textures with lighting enabled thus I needed a material, the material I'm using is: material.Ambient=material.Diffuse = D3DXCOLOR(1.0f,1.0f,1.0f,1.0f); // i might need to change the material, but to what idk atm???? K, after the setup as above I used: SetTextureStageState(...); to blend the 2 textures. The big question is, what do i need to pass to SetTextureStageState(...); to accomplish a smooth transition??????? If any of you have an alternative idea or if you can help me in any way I would be very grateful!!! Thx in advance [Edited by - Kapoef on March 18, 2010 10:36:46 AM]