Sign in to follow this  

Camera clipping

This topic is 2835 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone , I am encountering a problem relating to camera clipping through characters. What happens is sometimes when the camera goes near any character i see a screen full of randomly coloured triangles as though the camera is inside a character. To solve this problem i tried disabling render of any character if the camera comes near enough , so now that case should not arrive as my camera would never go inside any character that is being rendered , as i am using near clip 0f 0.25 only .But even this did not solve the problem , making my assumption that this is the problem of cam going inside the character go wrong!!!! I cant figure out what the problem could be as i am working for console and dont have a proper debug build to test on console. Anyone with the slightest idea of what the reason for thus problem could be , would be of great help.Thanks

Quote:
What happens is sometimes when the camera goes near any character i see a screen full of randomly coloured triangles as though the camera is inside a character.

To solve this problem i tried disabling render of any character if the camera comes near enough , so now that case should not arrive as my camera would never go inside any character that is being rendered , as i am using near clip 0f 0.25 only .But even this did not solve the problem , making my assumption that this is the problem of cam going inside the character go wrong!!!!
Sounds like you know exactly what the problem is: After performing all the transformations some of the points became too close to the near plane.

Your near clip distance is 0.25, so it does not need to be inside the character. You can still be outside the character but have the near plane go inside the model.

You can reduce your clip distance (such as 0.01) but you may still be too close.

For close-up work you can change the camera view angle (field of view). Decreasing your view angle has a 'zoom in' effect that may give your desired results.

This topic is 2835 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.