what to code?

Started by
0 comments, last by Obscure 14 years, 1 month ago
Hi, I am new here, i have read a lot about how should be your resume and portfolio but i am a little puzzle here, because i want to be a programmer specifically (game play or AI) 1- Do i need to make technology from scratch? or to show something made by existing technology. Do i show something made in game maker and similar or something written by my self like all the components using any API. 2- What type of game(s) should i make? any example. If there is any thing else you can add for me besides the answers, i would like to see.
Advertisement
If you want to be a game play or AI programmer then you should code portfolio pieces that show your ability in these areas. Create demos that solve specific AI problems or small games which will show your ability to produce something that plays well - a simple puzzle game which is well tuned or similar.

Gamemaker - Y/N
You will make a better impression if you code something yourself or use the sort of tools that commercial developers use (Source Engine, Unreal 17, Doom 42 engine etc - whatever the current versions are). Gamemaker would be OK but it isn't as good as the more cutting edge engines.
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement