Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dxAvatar

A lot of Questions about D3D

Hi Everyone First i want to say that i am french : in consequence my engilsh is surely not the best you can find... So i''m new to this place and i''ve got some questions about Direct3D to ask ... I''ve got a problem : I don''t work with C or C++ but with Delphi(Turbo Pascal) but you can even send me code in C that''s not a problem So let''s Begin ... 1- I haven''t very well understood what is a Matrix ... I''ve got an idea and i''m going to show you what i think : -------------------------------------------------------------- |CoordsX in localX |CoordsX in localY |CoordsX in localZ |OriginX| -------------------------------------------------------------- |CoordsY in localX |CoordsY in localY |coordsY in LocalZ |OriginY| -------------------------------------------------------------- |coordsZ in localX |coordsZ in LocalY |CoordsZ in LocalZ |OriginZ| -------------------------------------------------------------- |CoordsX in world |coordsY in world |CoordsZ in world | | --------------------------------------------------------------- That is my representation of a matrix Now can you answer me if that is right or wrong and (if it is right) can you explain me what is the last Case and if it is wrong explain me what is a matrix ? 2- I''m making a virtual world with some friends and i would know some little things: - How can we create a sphere (should we use Vertices?) - The very big problem with Delphi is that when you set RenderStates or anything like that the value must be an Integer (or Float) so we must for example type : dxDraw1.D3DDEvice7.setRenderstate(D3DRENDERSTATE_LIGHTING, 1); dxDraw is the DirectDraw, D3DDEvice is the device and the 1 is for True but now if i want to make something else like set the ambient light i must put : dxdraw1.D3DDDevice7.setRenderState(D3DRENDERSTATE_AMBIENT, $FFFFFFFF); but the very big problem is when you must put other values (like for AlphaBlending putting then SRC_COLOR) and others...) I hope you understand my problem !!! 3-Can i make a FireBall just making a Fog and changing the color? for example aFog of Orange color for the fire ? I say thanks a lot to anyone who dares answer me And I say too that i am sorry for my bad English !!! Good Bye everyone avatar Avatar.dx@libertysurf.fr

I don''t really understand the first question, but the way I created a sphere was by creating a semi-circle of vertices, then rotating them around the y-axis until I got a full sphere. I''m sure there are other ways, but I don''t know them.

It''s like my grandfather used to say, "Never quote your elders."

Thanx a lot

in Fact my question was about How to create a sphere because i was thinking that we could make one with a lot of vertices (for example 4 by face that means a ot of vertices !!!)

once more again thanx a lot and

bye

dxAvatar