Thinking about ordering GameInstitute

Started by
4 comments, last by Alatar 14 years, 1 month ago
Hey Guys, I'm contemplating whether or not to order the Game Institute package, which includes C++ Module I and II, Graphics Programming, and Math Primer. It costs about $400, so I needed to ask an important question before I did. Once I order it, how long is each lesson? Also, do I have to finish within a preset time? Furthermore, will I receive anything in the mail or will it just be online? I hope someone could help me! Thanks
Advertisement
You could probably find all this stuff online for free. An all this information should be on the site, ordering form, etc. Look for FAQ on the website it should give this information.
It's all done online (nothing in the mail). Most of the reading material is provided via PDF file and there are also downloadable presentations. There really isn't a time limit, it is a learn at your own pace system. I've recently started doing the Mathematics module I purchased about 2 years ago, and it was basically still there waiting for me. They do have tests online for various chapters, which are timed.

"I can't believe I'm defending logic to a turing machine." - Kent Woolworth [Other Space]

There's something called time blocks for their program. Do we have unlimited time blocks? If not, what happens if we run out?
http://www.gameinstitute.com/content/videos/Time%20Blocks/TimeBlocks.html

From: http://www.gameinstitute.com/support/index.php?cmd=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&id=55
NetGore - Open source multiplayer RPG engine
Quote:It's all done online (nothing in the mail).

Almost. You can choose to have the textbook shipped, but I think you have to pay for shipping.

The online materials are probably better, as they are in color and the shipped materials are not (some of the examples say "look at the green arrow representing vector a," which is kind of hard when the picture (in the printed book) is just different shades of gray.)

[Edited by - Alatar on March 16, 2010 12:47:25 PM]
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." - Gandalf

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement