how to start a rpg game

Started by
20 comments, last by jbadams 14 years, 1 month ago
I need help get starting on a rpg game I have all the character down I have all there power type, attack type,defense ect. I need help on the battle system also How can I put my game on a pc if I don't have a computer or a laptop All my work is on a notebook
Advertisement
If you don't own a computer, then there's not a lot you can do really. You could try to get a team together with you as a designer / concept artist I suppose, but I'm not sure how many people would go for that.

If you don't have a computer, how are you posting in these forums?
zeonova, it seems like you have made several repeat posts that all state the same thing. While I am tempted to be sarcastic/unhelpful I will try to be constructive here:

Making a game is a little more then "I have an idea, how do I put it onto my computer".

Have you learned any coding yet? If not that may be a good place to start. From the way your post sounds you are saying "I have a idea can you please make it for me" without being willing to do any work yourself. That is at least how it comes off.

Having some concepts for characters and abilities is good, but have you written them down in a way that you could share them clearly with others?

Also, if you do not have a computer, how are you posting?

At any rate, I suggest you look around the forum and read other posts. Making a game, even a very very VERY simple one, is not easy.

cout << "hi!n";
I'm trying to mak
a team here but it's
not going the way I want
it to be the only people
that are helping me are
Jforcegame I'm useing my
cell phone to type that all
Quote:Original post by zeonova
I'm trying to mak
a team here but it's
not going the way I want
it to be the only people
that are helping me are
Jforcegame I'm useing my
cell phone to type that all

As Evil Steve said, without a computer or access to one your project is pretty much impossible. Maybe you could try doing the design/script/concept art/etc and then try to find coders, but it is highly unlikely that will happen.
cout << "hi!n";
I'm trying to get a laptop
But it hard I wish I can
show you guys my work
I real need a team here
but I dnt know were
to go to find a team or make a
team
Quote:Original post by zeonova
I'm trying to get a laptop
But it hard I wish I can
show you guys my work
I real need a team here
but I dnt know were
to go to find a team or make a
team

Well, to get a team you have to bring something to the team. If you are in school maybe ask around and see if others are interested, start a coding club or such. As far as finding a team online, its realistically not going to happen until you have either a very solid design or at least some work done.

As for your rpg itself, what kind of game do you see it being? Do you have any games you are basing the concept on to give us an idea of what you are thinking? So far you have said you have ideas for "Characters" and "Abilities" which is rather vague. Since you are on a cell I can understand it is a little harder (and explains the notebook thing).

You might look into getting a netbook. They are cheaper then laptops and can be used fine for coding, just don't expect to game on them.
cout << "hi!n";
You can sometimes find a decently sized laptop for a good price as well. Again you wouldn't be able to game on it. But you'd have alright processing power, and a fair screen size to code with.
The Concept of hybrid chaos came form final fantasy XIII
My game take plase in the year 20,00xxxx

[Characters]

(Leader) nova crono zero
<sword>
Commando
Stealth
Magic
Medic

Kai
<dagger>
Stealth
Magic
Medic
Synergist

Kitty
<rod>
Synergist
Magic
Medic
Commando

Zack
<gun>
Sentinel
Magic
Stealth
Commando

Fang
<claws>
Commando
Magic
Medic
Stelth

Tim
<scythe>
Commando
Sentinel
Magic
Medic

All my work is on a notebook paper
how can I put the coding on there
if i don't know the coding work
also I pass high school
I'm not in college yet
I think the first step is getting a computer of some sort to work one, and then step two would be learning some code. Until at least step one is done there is not much people can do to help even if they wanted to.
cout << "hi!n";

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement