Topic?

Started by
4 comments, last by Lance Myair 14 years, 1 month ago
Hey guys, I really don't know what to write about in my termpaper. Because there are so many topics I could write about, but I don't know how to start. Anybody who did it already out there? How did you get material and topics?
Advertisement
What does the paper have to be on?
It only has sth to do with gamedesign. like the topic i just saw here called realism in RPGs and show with a certain game how gamedesigners include that in their games.... the point is that i want to use material and books for that.
I'm not even at that age in life for college work, but I can probably suggest a few subjects to get you started.

-Realism in RPGs, someone here already said this in the topic, but I'm saying it anyway. Roguelikes/dungeon crawlers try to imitate the realism NetHack brought to the genre with the need for food, weight limits, and et cetera.

-Real-Time Strategies. Games like Warzone 2100 allowed the player to customize units (as long as it was a vehicle) to enhance and gain the upper hand in battle. I believe it also removes the traditional gold/lumber currencies and simply used power, which generated over time with research that can improve its speed.

But those are a few I can come up with at the top of my head.
I would probably go with War Games: Real World Training. It's about how playing war games such as Medal of Honor and such give a person training for a real world war. But that's just me, and BTW, i'm in high school.
scientists explain the world with numbers, artists explain the world with images, programmers explain the world with games.
Well I guess I will just write about Halflife 2 and its story, that will be a bit more compressed than other topics :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement