• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

how do i display integers using drawtext

This topic is 2897 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok im new to directx and i have figured out how to use drawtext but i need to display integers from time to time. This helps me with error detection. any help would be greatly welcome. currently i use something like this but this is only good for displaying text and not integers. void display_text(int left,int top,int right,int bottom,LPCWSTR tmessage) { D3DXCreateFont( pd3ddevice, font_size, 0, FW_BOLD, 0, FALSE, DEFAULT_CHARSET, OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS, DEFAULT_QUALITY, DEFAULT_PITCH | FF_DONTCARE, TEXT("Arial"), &m_font ); LPCWSTR image_path=tmessage; RECT rct; rct.left=left; rct.top=top; rct.right=rct.left+right; rct.bottom=rct.top+ bottom; //Draw some text pd3ddevice->BeginScene(); m_font->DrawText(NULL, tmessage, -1, &rct, 0, fontColor ); pd3ddevice->EndScene(); if(m_font!= NULL) m_font->Release(); }

Advertisement
If you convert the integers into text, you can display them just as easily as anything else:

std::wstringstream ss;
ss << 6;
display_text(ss.c_str());

You can even arbitrarily format numbers and text together.

or...

WCHAR buffer[512];
swprintf_s(buffer, 512, L"The answer to everything is %d", 42);

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement