• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Evan2k

Stack Trace Windows 7

This topic is 3014 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Good day all, Today my instructor and I were going over some stack traces for threading after using the break all option in Visual Studios 2008. And it seems that when using Windows 7, it doesn't really show the information that it would when running under Windows XP. Is there some sort of update needed to fix this problem or an option that needs to be turned on? EDIT: Here is an image of what I'm talking about, it might help. http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=70142&d=1268924341

Advertisement
What information would you see in XP? That stack trace says that the thread is currently executing windows internal code.

This has nothing to do with Windows 7. You don't have symbols loaded.

Open the Modules window (Ctrl+Shift+U i think), select everything in the window, right click and choose Load Symbols From -> Microsoft Symbol Server

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!