Sign in to follow this  
slurmomatic

[SlimDX] Using WPF and SlimDx (DirectX 10/11)

slurmomatic    100
I am using SlimDX with WinForms for a while now, but want to make the switch to WPF now. However, I can't figure out how to get DX10/11 working with WPF. The February release of SlimDX provides a WPF example, which only works with DX 9 though. I found the following solution: Direct3D-10-11-Direct2D-in-WPF but can't get it to work with SlimDX. My main problem is the shared resource handle as I don't know how to retrieve the shared handle from a SlimDX texture. I can't find any information to this topic. In C++ the code looks like this:
HRESULT D3DImageEx::GetSharedHandle(IUnknown *pUnknown, HANDLE * pHandle)
{
    HRESULT hr = S_OK;

*pHandle = NULL;
    IDXGIResource* pSurface;

if (FAILED(hr = pUnknown->QueryInterface(__uuidof(IDXGIResource), (void**)&pSurface)))
        return hr;

hr = pSurface->GetSharedHandle(pHandle);
    pSurface->Release();

return hr;
}
Basically, what I want to do (because I think that this is the solution), is to share a texture between a Direct3d9DeviceEx (for rendering the WPF D3DImage) and a Direct3d10Device (a texture render target for my scene). Any pointers in the right direction are greatly appreciated.

Zoner    232
Quote:
Original post by xoyojank
You should use HwndHost/WindowsFormsHost to host an "render area" in WPF application, D3DImage is only for D3D9

This is not true