difference between look and physical characteristics

Started by
2 comments, last by JasRonq 14 years, 1 month ago
hi! It's me again, and thanks for answering the other day! Following the template on an older post (Mysteries for a foreign designer), in character section, it appears this: 4.4.1. Main Character ... 4.4.1.3. Look 4.4.1.4. Physical characteristics My english is not my mother language, so I do not understand this, so can you tell me what's the difference between look and physical characteristics? thanks for your pattience and time!
Advertisement
oh, I forgot, also, in the same template, there is this:
2. Game Overview

2.1. Game Concept
2.2. Feature Set
2.3. Genre
2.4. Target Audience
2.5. Game Flow Summary
2.6. Look and Feel
2.7. Project Scope
2.8. Locations
2.9. Levels
2.10. NPC’s
2.11. Minigames

I do not understand the difference between:
2.8. Locations
2.9. Levels

Thanks a lot!
Quote:Original post by treyvos
4.4.1.3. Look
4.4.1.4. Physical characteristics

My english is not my mother language, so I do not understand this, so can you tell me what's the difference between look and physical characteristics?

Perhaps physical characteristics includes things such as "this character is very strong/agile", or specific marks (tattoos etc.) while "look" is more about the style of the character? The distinction is quite vague though - they could quite easily mean the same thing.

Quote:Original post by treyvos
I do not understand the difference between:
2.8. Locations
2.9. Levels

I imagine that a location applies to a place like a city, spaceship, military base, skyscraper or something like that where part of the game occurs. A level is a specific playable level - there might be several levels in the same location, for example (e.g. levels in different parts of a spaceship or different parts of the same city). You might even have more than one level in the exact same location, like a level where you play through a previous area after a fire has mostly destroyed it.
You may also have locations with no playable levels. Locations can be spoken of and heavily involved in the games story, yet the main character may never actually go there himself.

As for look and physical characteristics. I can see both being the category to put things like hair color, age, gender, scars, tattoos etc under. Only physical characteristics makes since for things like strength, fighting skill, etc.

I would rename them though and use "appearance" and "gameplay abilities and stats".

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement