Sign in to follow this  
pavachan

[web] Setting up Meetings in Sharepoint, using Exchange Server

Hello. I am a very new developer with Sharepoint, and currently I have Sharepoint Designer 2007 and Visual Studio 2008 Installed. What I need to, is add a sub-site to a Sharepoint Team Site, which has a monthly Calendar (Calendar Web Part?), on which people can set up meetings, but I also need the meeting creation to go through the "Outlook-Direct-Booking-like" process of connecting to the Exchange 2003 server, sending a meeting request, of course being able to choose the participants, and the Resource to schedule the meeting at (there is a user for this in Active Directory called Room1), and allow the meeting creation if the resource is available at the selected time. In Outlook 2007 I can do that very easily by going to the Calendar, Actions, Request Meeting, but i am struggling with how to incorporate it into Sharepoint. I was told using the OWA My Calendar Web Part is not an option, nor is the Page Viewer Web Part to access OWA. I can interface the Sharepoint Calendar with Outlook 2007, which is installed on my Workstation, but that doesnt allow me to request a meeting from inside Sharepoint as far as i could tell, only from within Outlook and only then publish it to the Sharepoint Calendar. I've seen several examples of commercial Calendar addons for Sharepoint, which allow this sort of thing, but I have to create one myself. It needs to be very simple, a Calendar view, with the ability to request meetings through the Exchange 2003 Server. I of course will study and research what is needed to do that, i've also read several documents and watched videos, but none of them are specific enough. What I need at least is a starting point, leading me to the right direction to research and study, in order to create this. Any help would be appreciated, Thank you.