• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
discodowney

"Link Libraries folder"

This topic is 3013 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So im tryin to get fmod goin and i came across a problem. apparently to fix it: If you get "unresolved external symbol" errors on compile, right-click the "Link Libraries" folder in your client solution and select "Add Existing". Go into the "fmod\api\lib" folder and choose "fmodex_vc.lib" to add to the solution. If a window comes up at this point, click "No". Only i dont know where the Link Libraries folder is. If someone could enlighten me thatd be great. Cheers.

Advertisement
Right-click on your project and open the Properties. Then go to Linker->General, and there's a box there called "Additional Library Directories" where you can put the path to the fmod\api\lib folder. Then Go to Linker->Input, and add fmodex_vc.lib to the list in "Additional Dependencies".

If you want you can also add the fmod lib folder to your global VC++ settings, so that you only have to add the .lib file to your future projects. To do that you go to Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories and then switch to Library Files.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!