"Link Libraries folder"

Started by
1 comment, last by discodowney 14 years ago
So im tryin to get fmod goin and i came across a problem. apparently to fix it: If you get "unresolved external symbol" errors on compile, right-click the "Link Libraries" folder in your client solution and select "Add Existing". Go into the "fmod\api\lib" folder and choose "fmodex_vc.lib" to add to the solution. If a window comes up at this point, click "No". Only i dont know where the Link Libraries folder is. If someone could enlighten me thatd be great. Cheers.
Advertisement
Right-click on your project and open the Properties. Then go to Linker->General, and there's a box there called "Additional Library Directories" where you can put the path to the fmod\api\lib folder. Then Go to Linker->Input, and add fmodex_vc.lib to the list in "Additional Dependencies".

If you want you can also add the fmod lib folder to your global VC++ settings, so that you only have to add the .lib file to your future projects. To do that you go to Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories and then switch to Library Files.
Good man that sorted it. Cheers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement