Im new to this, what software do I use?

Started by
4 comments, last by Anchovy 22 years, 8 months ago
I read the section for beginners, they say I should start with a simple game, like a tetris style games, so now I know what to start with, but I don''t know what software I need and were to get the source for progarming a game like this, please help <<<<>>>>
Advertisement
From the tone of your question, it sounds like you do not have extensive programming experience. Before you program games, you should already be very familiar with the language(s) you plan to use (usually C or C++). If you are just starting out, or if you have a little bit of programming experience but aren''t completely fluent with your language, data structures, file IO, etc., I suggest you pick up a book about programming and learn.
ok, so what software I need?, I know I need books I said I needed this ifomation in my last post, beofre I go buying any thing I just wan''t to know what software I need................
You need a compiler. You can get a free one here, here, or here. You could also buy one such as Visual C++.

~~~~~~~~~~
Martee
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Anchovy, Martee and Sneftel are right, pick up book on C++ (check the book section in gamedev under languages -- I personally learned with Sams Tch Yrslf C++ in 21 days) and then pick up a compiler from the above links or Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 from a store. Get some serious C++ under your belt then move to games. Hope this helps. ~Tarn
And all though those free compilers are tempting, I recommend that you buy MSVC++ 6.0.

Anonymous Programmer
Anonymous Programmer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement