Sign in to follow this  
Valeo25

error C1083: Cannot open include file: but it really is included

Valeo25    122
I've just converted a Visual Studio 2003 solution to a 2005 solution. The previous compiles no problem. When I try to compile the 2005 version, it gives me a cannot open include file error. I've made sure that the additional include directories are correct. I even copied directory string out of the additional include directories field, adding the #include and header name like so, #include "C:/Program Files/Microsoft DirectX SDK (March 2008)/Include/d3d9.h" That seemed to work, so why doesn't it work with just the angle brackets? Once I put it in "", it moved on to the next header file and complained it couldn't find that one. I can even right click on the header file name in the angle brackets and Open Document no problems. Is this just a bug with VS 2005?

iMalc    2466
Your project simply doesn't have the necessary directory added to the project's additional include directories.

Valeo25    122
I copied the directory I had in the additional include directories directly to the #include in the header file, and it worked. If I right click on it and Open Document, it goes right to the header file. It shouldn't be able to do that if it can't find the file, unless I'm forgetting something.