Universities outside of the U.S.?

Started by
6 comments, last by Saruman 14 years, 1 month ago
I'm curious about what are some of the top-tier Universities for Computer Science outside of the U.S.? I'm all ready pretty much locked in to attending a school in U.S. for the upcoming year (my first year of college), but it would be interesting to see what out there for possible study abroad programs or graduate school (or maybe just transferring after two years).
Advertisement
Try this link

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Some of the good ones are University of Edinburgh, ETH Zurich, and University of Technology Munich. You should also investigate Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial College London, and University College London.
I would not be to concerned about rankings for an undergraduate program. Typically rankings are based off of a schools research and reputation and has little to do with undergraduate course work. For grad school rankings are more important, but so is where you get money from. I am not sure the selectivity of some of the euro universities and how much they pay. In general I know more euros who come here than vice versa. Personally I had always had good luck with the dutch universities. They produce good papers. ETH of course is very excellent. Some of the english universities have good reputations but I haven't read much from them.
University of Waterloo up in Canada.
Imperial and Cambridge are generally regared best in the UK for computing. Cambridge has more theory and maths, while Imperial is more practical. Imperial also just started a new course "Computing - Games, Vision and Interaction (MEng)" which I imagine (and hope as I'm on it) will be good for the games or graphics industries.
Thanks everyone. What is the general consensus about University of Copenhagen?
Both University of Toronto and University of Waterloo have excellent computer science and engineering programs. Over the years a lot of my best hires have come from those two schools.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement