SlimDX - Beginner 2D game tutorials?

Started by
5 comments, last by CodeIX 14 years ago
Hey all, i am actually looking for a SlimDX 2D Game tutorials. The reason is that i have many GDI+ game i want to port to SlimDX but i never worked with DirectX before so i have absolutly no clue where to start for all the device thing and whats the common gameloop to use. Or can someone give me an exemple of a good gameloop and device initialization using SlimDX? That would be a lot of help. I am open to all suggestions and link. Thanks in advance! :) [Edited by - CodeIX on March 21, 2010 9:55:00 PM]
Advertisement
Quote:
Or can someone give me an exemple of a good gameloop and device initialization using SlimDX? That would be a lot of help.

Try looking at the MiniTri samples that come with the SlimDX SDK.
Thanks buddy!
In a DirectX9 docs, i have this instructions:

---
device.Transform.View = Matrix.LookAtLH ( new Vector3 ( 0, 0, 5f ),
new Vector3 ( 0, 0, 0 ), new Vector3 ( 0, 1, 0 ) );
---

What is the actual equivalent in SlimDX? What do i write in order to replace the
"device.Transform.View" part? Is it a reference to the viewport?

Thanks in advance!
Device.SetTransform, and tell it to set the view matrix.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
I did it like this:

---
Matrix mx = new Matrix();
mx = Matrix.LookAtLH(new Vector3(0, 0, 5f), new Vector3(0, 0, 0), new Vector3(0, 1, 0));
displayDevice.SetTransform(TransformState.View, mx);
---

Look right?

Sorry i am still pretty new to all the directx thing world.
Trying to get into the 2D World of DirectX but it is a lot of new concept to assimilate. Nothing impossible but its impressive how it is a world of itself.

Using Direct3D for 2D design is a bit hard to understand some time, even if i am an experienced application developer.

Now i wonder, does the XNA Tutorials on the web could be of help for a DirectX beginner like me? Or does the syntax and method name are too different from XNA(D9) and SlimDX to even be able to figure out the difference?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement