Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doodah2001

Debug Question

doodah2001    122
I''ve been working on my game engine and I have a lot of the core stuff done so I decided to do a simple little app. Well everything was working until I got an exception handling error. After two days of trying to figure out what is wrong I still can''t find it. I''ve been using the watch window in the debugger for MSVC++. Right before I get the error the variable that is the problem spits out: Expresion Evaluator Error: CXX0069 I looked this up in the help and I have no clue what it is saying. Here''s what it states: variable needs stack frame The expression evaluator cannot evaluate the variable because it does not occur in a stack frame. This may be caused by variables declared as part of an inline function. Any thoughts or suggestions? This is the last step (hopefully) before I can get everything working. Thanks. Mat

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
what type of variable is it? the watch window sometimes cannot resolve the values of a variable which belongs to a template class for example - you could also log the values frequently with OutputDebugString or something ..